Skip to content
Senior Thermal Engineer
The Aerospace Corporation
- Mentored a department intern on the technical and programmatic aspects of a Phase-A NASA project, including low-fidelity thermal analysis, effective communication techniques, slide preparation, and presentation skills.
- Shared technical experience with other department staff in the areas of thermal model development, thermal analysis best practices, and shape memory alloys.
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
September 2016–January 2021
- Served as the primary curator of the Europa Clipper system thermal model. Coordinated with approximately ten thermal engineers across multiple institutions to integrate component- and subsystem-level thermal models in the overall system thermal model.
- Pioneered the use of GitHub as a version control and project management system to improve documentation and coordinate efforts with multiple team members working on the model simultaneously.
Group Lead: Propulsion, Metrology, and Operations Group
SAE Aero Design Team, Texas A&M University
August 2011–May 2012, August 2013–May 2014
- Managed a small group of three students in the student-run team that participated in the SAE Aero Design competition.
- Designed, constructed, and utilized a ground support test stand to measure the static and dynamic thrust of a model aircraft engine in order to optimize motor and propeller selection.
- Selected aircraft propulsion system (electric motor, motor speed controller, and batteries) optimized for the design reference mission.
- Implemented safe and efficient operational procedures for the aircraft.
- Team won first place overall, first place for technical presentation, and second place for technical paper in the 2014 Aero Design West competition, held in Dallas, TX.
Team Lead: Structures & Thermal Team
Senior Capstone Design: Spacecraft, Texas A&M University
- Managed seven team members on completing the preliminary design, structural analysis, and thermal management of a large crewed interplanetary spacecraft.
- Presented team progress to instructor and rest of class in weekly meetings.
- With other team leaders and project managers, gave formal design review presentation to visiting engineers from NASA and the aerospace industry.
Mentor / Tutor
Sigma Gamma Tau, Texas A&M University
August 2012–May 2013
- Guided a small group of freshmen in completing short-term engineering projects for AERO 101 class.
- Held tutoring session to assist underclassmen in learning course material and completing homework.